|Curriculum Vitae (CV)|
Jianpeng Cao is a PhD student at the Innovative and Industrial Construction Group (IC). His research focuses on the area of design for manufacturing and assembly in the industrialized construction, particularly timber and steel modular buildings. The goal of his research is to transform the traditional construction to advanced manufacturing. He is interested in applying Building Information Modeling (BIM), graph theory & graph database and artificial intelligence in fabrication-aware design. He also engages in ontology-based product configuration.
He obtained the degree of Bachelor of Civil Engineering from Tongji University in 2016. He also received the degree of Master of Science in the area of Sustainable Design and Construction from Stanford University in 2019. Currently, he is working as a research scientist in the Design ++ Center, on the 7DayHouse: Fabrication-Aware Design.
He is also interested in working with industries. He works with Project Frog, BokLok, ERNE and Implenia to apply his research to practice.
- Ph.D. Institute of Construction and Infrastructure Management, ETH Zürich
- M.S. Sustainable Design & Construction, Stanford University
- B.S. Civil Engineering Department, Tongji University
- Jianpeng, C., David, B., Daniel, H. and Lessing, J. 2021. Cross-phase product configurator for modular buildings using kit-of-parts. Automation in construction, 123, p.103437, doi: 10.1016/j.autcon.2020.103437
- Jianpeng, C., David, B., Daniel, H. and Mike, E. 2022. A Graph-based Approach for Module Library Development in Industrialized Construction. Computers in Industry, 139, p.103659, doi: 10.1016/j.compind.2022.103659
- Jianpeng, C., Edlira, V., Ranjith, S. and Daniel, H. 2022. Ontology-based manufacturability analysis automation for industrialized construction. Automation in Construction, 139, p.104277, doi: 10.1016/j.autcon.2022.104277
- Jianpeng, C., Hang, Z., Anton, S., Daniel. H. and Benjamin, D. 2022, Energy-aware design: predicting building performance from layout graphs, In Proceedings of the 2022 European Conference for Computing in Construction
- Jianpeng, C., Vakaj, E. and Daniel, H. 2021, September. Ontology-Based Cloud Manufacturing Framework in Industrialized Construction. In Proceedings of 11th International Workshop on Formal Ontologies meet Industry
- Jianpeng, C., and Daniel, H. 2021. A hierarchical kit library to support content reuse for mass customization. In ECPPM 2021–eWork and eBusiness in Architecture, Engineering and Construction (pp. 147-152). CRC Press.
- Jianpeng, C., and Daniel, H. 2021, July. Module Library Development via Graph Mining. In Proceedings of the 2021 European Conference on Computing in Construction (pp. 285-292). University College Dublin.
- Jianpeng, C., and Daniel, H., 2020. Ontology-based Product Configuration for Modular Buildings. In ISARC. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (Vol. 37, pp. 171-176). IAARC Publications.
- Jianpeng, C., and Daniel, H., 2019, July. An overview of configurations for industrialized construction: typologies, customer requirements, and technical approaches. In Proceedings of the 2019 European Conference for Computing in Construction (Vol. 1, pp. 295-303). University College Dublin