Prof. em. Dr. Alfred Bauder
Professor Emeritus at the Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences|
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)|
From 1976 to 1998 Alfred Bauder was Full Professor of Physical Chemistry at the Physical Chemistry Laboratory. He was head of the research group for microwave spectroscopy and retired in October 1998.
Prof. Bauder was born on May 10, 1934 and is from Zurich. He studied in the Department of Natural Sciences at the ETH Zurich. He received his doctorate under Professor Hs. H. Günthard at the Physical Chemistry Laboratory. In 1966 he completed habilitation requirements in the field of physical chemistry. Following a period of six months in 1967 at the University of California in Berkeley with Professor R. J. Myers, he returned to the Physical Chemistry Laboratory and was appointed Assistant Professor on April 1, 1969. On October 1, 1973 he was designated Associate Professor.
Together with the other members of his research group, he examined the rotational spectra of molecules in order to determine their geometry. Other characteristics, such as dipole moment, interactions with nuclear spins and with intramolecular motions were also explored. From 1979 to 1986 Prof. Bauder was a member of the Computer Commission at the ETH Zurich, over which he presided in the years 1982 to 1984. He was head of the Faculty of Chemistry from 1984 to 1986.
|Publications in||Research Collection – Publication platform of ETH Zurich |
ETH Library Search Portal (advanced search for name)