Ms Clarissa Livingston
Student / Programme Doctorate at D-BAUG|
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)|
Master of Science in Transportation Planning and Operation
Technische Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Thesis: Der Einfluss von Infrastrukturmerkmalen sowie städtebaulicher Eigenschaften auf die Routenwahl von Fahrradfahrenden: Erhebung und statistische Auswertwung
Focus in Transportation Modeling, Mobility Research, and Transit Planning and Operations
Professional Engineering License
North Carolina Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors, Raleigh, NC, U.S.A.
License Number 043211.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Granted: 12/2010, magna cum laude
University of Maine, Orono, ME, U.S.A.
Focus in Transportation Engineering and Environmental Engineering
Duration: 09/2008 – 08/2009
Universität Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Focus in Transportation Planning and Railroad Engineering
High School Diploma
Old Town High School, Old Town, ME, U.S.A.
Professional & Work Experience
since 10/2018 Research Assistent/Doctoral Student
IVT, ETH Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland
- Manage and work on research projects related to transport modeling and discrete choice modeling
- Develop new extensions to the modeling software MATSim
- Assist in teaching courses related to transport modeling and planning
06/2017 – 09/2018 Work-Study Student
Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG) A. ö. R., Berlin, Germany
- Assisted in the coordination of teams from different departments within the BVG as well as with external contractors working on various tramway projects: passenger information systems, tramway construction, operation planning, long-term infrastructure plans, etc.
- Managed and checked data sets generated for the life cycle cost contract for the Flexity trams
- Created and developed presentations and other communication documents for various internal and external meetings, workshops, and events.
- Assisted in updating the official planning, operation, and infrastructure standards (Betriebskonzept)
Münchner Verkehrsgesellschaft, Stadtwerke München GmbH, München, Germany
- Planned a bus line extension: gathered and analyzed field data, developed and presented the concept, created the time table, evaluated the concept using the transportation model VISUM
- Performed detailed analysis of and prepared visual and written summaries of passenger count data for the contracting authority, the City of Munich
- Designed new visualizations of passenger count data to answer specific questions
- Created visualizations of operative requirements for three existing bus stations as part of planning facility expansion
- Reviewed and summarized relevant research and projects to support ongoing education and innovation within the department and cooperation with local universities
- Shadowed coworkers during meetings on developing new public-private partnerships, corporate mobility management services, bike sharing programs, and mobility tools
06/2012–03/2016 Rail Design Engineer II
HNTB Corporation, Raleigh, NC, U.S.A.
- Designed track alignments using GeoPak
- Reviewed utility crossing applications for the North Carolina Railroad Company
- Observed and reported on construction progress on behalf of clients
- Prepared construction plans in Microstation
- Generated cross sections and calculated earthwork quantities using Microstation
- Prepared construction estimates
12/2011–05/2012 Technical Support Engineer (Contractor)
Cisco Systems, employed via Manpower Group, Durham, NC, U.S.A.
- Supported and trained international customers in installing, configuring, and using custom network management software
- Configured Linux CentOS servers for deployment in customer networks
- Troubleshot Linux servers and network management software
- Tested software
- Wrote software and server configuration documentation
Unemployed as result of moving from Boston, MA, to Raleigh, NC
01/2011–08/2011 Civil Engineer I
Transystems Corporation, Boston, MA, U.S.A.
- Drafted stormwater treatment plans and details in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Drafted roadway cross-sections, plans, and details in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Designed stormwater treatment BMPs (Roadway)
- Performed basic stormwater analysis in Bentley PondPack 2008
- Performed SWPPP inspections and prepared reports
- Checked and edited plans for compliance with regulations, including regulations for both stormwater treatment design and bike, pedestrian, and multi-use path design
- Prepared cost estimates
- Prepared plan sets
06/2010 – 08/2010 Intern
Milone & MacBroom, Inc., Freeport, ME, U.S.A.
- Performed basic design work in AutoCAD Civil 3D/Land Desktop, including vertical highway alignments
- Designed basic stormwater treatment BMPs, performed initial stormwater analysis, adjusted grading
- Prepared permitting materials: researched permits, contacted government departments, organized documents
05/2007 – 08/2008 Laboratory Assistant
University of Maine, Orono, ME, U.S.A.
Micromechanics Lab, Department of Civil Engineering. I worked for Prof. Eric Landis.
- Developed testing methods and ran tests using Instron’s FastTrack 8800 Servohydraulic Test System
- Performed initial analysis of data and helped evaluate whether further tests were needed
- Customized test system - designed a LVDT holder to allow more accurate measurements to be made
- Made and prepared specimens – improved a mold for making 4mm diameter concrete cylinders
10/2006 – 05/2007 Laboratory Assistant
University of Maine, Orono, ME, U.S.A.
Environmental Engineering Laboratories, Department of Civil Engineering. I worked for Prof. Jean MacRae and doctoral candidate Jennifer Weldon.
- Ran tests – performed substrate testing, determined bacterial growth with a spectrometer, counted cells using microscope
- Organized data, performed initial data analysis
- Prepared specimens – grew stock cultures, mixed solutions
- Prepared substrates – mixed solutions, ensured sterility
06/2005 – 08/2006 Camp Counselor, Life Guard
Camp Natarswi, Abnaki Girl Scout Council (now Girl Scouts of Maine), Millinocket, ME, U.S.A.
- Ensured safety and well-being of campers
- Planned and co-lead a 3-day backwoods canoe trip on the West Branch of the Penobscott River
- Taught water safety, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, and camping skills
05/2014 – 10/2014 Program Search Lead
Engineers Without Borders – Research Triangle Park Professional Chapter (EWB-RTP), Raleigh, NC, U.S.A.
- Identified and invited individuals and groups who knew of communities in developing nations who could benefit from partnering with EWB-RTP on community/based infrastructure projects to meetings to present their proposals.
- Lead a search committee in developing evaluation and selection criteria and then applying these criteria to the proposed programs.
- Presented the findings of the committee to the general body to allow the general body to make an informed decision on which program to select
- Assisted the chosen community and their partnering NGO in preparing their New Program Application to EWB-USA
- Managed the preparation and submission of EWB-RTP's New Program application to EWB-USA
- Oversaw the transition of the EWB-RTP team to new leadership after the program was accepted
10/2009 – 12/2010 Project Lead/Capstone Project Manager
Engineers Without Borders – University of Maine Chapter (EWB-UMaine), Orono, ME, U.S.A
- Lead a team of professional and student engineers in bringing the project design to completion before the deadline
- Lead a team of professional and student engineers in organizing and executing an assessment trip to Honduras
- Coordinated and participated in the preparation the 525 Pre-Implementation Report, a 300-page design report, including design drawings, required for project approval
- Designed a PVC pipe gravity sewer system connecting 28 homes to the treatment system (septic tanks and leach field)
- Evaluated design inputs, researched and evaluated sludge disposal alternatives, guided the design of septic tanks, leach field
- Managed the project: defined goals and tasks, assigned tasks, created schedules, monitored progress, created cost estimates
- Ran meetings, facilitated teamwork, and coordinated work of design team, travel team, EWB-UM, client and in-country contacts
|Curriculum Vitae (CV) as PDF||Download|
|Publications in||Research Collection – Publication platform of ETH Zurich |
ETH Library Search Portal (advanced search for name)