Prof. Dr. Andreas Kilcher
Full Professor at the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences|
History of German-Jewish Literature and Culture, Literary and Cultural Studies; Kabbalah and Esoteric Studies.
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)|
Andreas Kilcher has been full Professor of Literature and Cultural Studies at ETH Zurich since June 2008. Born in Basel in 1963, he studied German Literature, History and Philosophy in Basel and Munich. 1991-1993: PhD-student and Fellow at the Franz Rosenzweig Research Center at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. 1993-1996: Assistant at the Department of German of the University of Basel. 1996: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). 1996-2002: Assistantship and Habilitation (2002) at the Department of German Philology of the University of Munster. Thereafter, Assistant Professor. 2002: Fellow at the Research Centre for Literary and Cultural Studies in Berlin. 2004: Full Professor of Modern German Literature at the University of Tubingen.
- Study Director of MAGPW since 2018
- Director Center History Knwoledge 2014-2016 (ETH / UZH)
- President of the board of the Thomas Mann Archive (ETH)
- President of the board of the language center (ETH / UZH)
- President of the European Society for the Study of Western Esotericism (ESSWE)
- Member of The society for European-Jewish Literary Studies
|Course Catalogue|851-0101-90L Aesthetics: On the History and Theory of Beauty 862-0089-11L Advanced Colloquium in Literary Studies (HS 2022)
|Publications in||Research Collection – Publication platform of ETH Zurich |
ETH Library Search Portal (advanced search for name)